One Pan Almond-Crusted Chicken with Lemon Basil Garlic Sauce
Crunchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, this chicken is an easy and perfect one-pan dinner. Take leftovers as meal-prep for the week, and enjoy nourishing protein and roasted vegetables with a sauce that's delicious!
Total cook time
- 1/2 cup Open Nature® Plain Icelandic Yogurt
- 2 Open Nature® Air-Chilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 (2.12 ounce) Open Nature® Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed and slice into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup colored cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup O Organics® Almonds Roasted with Sea Salt
Lemon-Basil Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup Open Nature® Plain Icelandic Yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare a large baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
In a zip-top bag, add Open Nature® chicken breast and Icelandic yogurt. Close bag, and massage yogurt to coat chicken. Set aside.
Add O Organics® almonds and Open Nature® Parmesan Crisps to a small food processor. Process for 10 seconds, until mixture is in fine crumbles. Pour crumbles onto a plate. Remove each chicken breast, and coat well with almond mixture on all sides. Place each chicken breast in the center of the baking sheet. Place in oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss vegetables, olive oil, and salt in a medium bowl until well-coated.
Remove chicken, sprinkle vegetables all around so they are in a single layer. Place back into oven for another 30 minutes.
To make sauce, add all ingredients into a small food processor and blend. Add water a tablespoon at a time to thin out to desired consistency.
Serve Almond Crusted Chicken with Vegetables and sauce. Enjoy!
Step 8 :: helpful hints
Use whatever combination of 3 vegetables you have on hand. Sweet onions, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, diced red potatoes, etc.
Step 9 :: helpful hints
For a faster sauce that doesn't involved a processor, use 1 cup pre-made pesto sauce with 1 cup Open Nature® Icelandic Yogurt and whisk.
Step 10 :: helpful hints
Add extra almond-Parmesan crumbles to the top of chicken breast before baking for more crunchy-goodness
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.