Better Homes & Gardens
Beef Sirloin Tips with Smoky Pepper Sauce
This one-skillet beef entree gets its fire-infused flavor from smoked paprika, roasted peppers and hickory- or mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce.
Total cook time
- 1½ pounds beef sirloin tip steak,
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika,
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- 1 12- to 16-ounce jar roasted red and/or yellow peppers,
- ½ cup hickory- or mesquite-flavor barbecue sauce,
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley,
Trim meat and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch chunks; sprinkle with paprika. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat; brown 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Meanwhile, drain roasted peppers, reserving liquid. Cut up roasted peppers. Measure 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid (if needed, add enough water to equal 1/2 cup). Add peppers and the liquid to the pan. Add barbecue sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Return meat to the pan; heat through.
Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.