Mini Pizzas + Side Salad
These mini pizzas pack all the cheesy, gooey goodness you want in a personal-sized serving balanced perfectly with a slightly tangy, crunchy side salad! Serve at your next homegate or even as a standout family meal!
Total cook time
- 2 pounds fresh pizza dough, cut into 4-ounce portions
- 1/4 cup Signature SELECT™ All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups basil pesto
- 32 slices Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups arugula, washed and well-drained
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced very thin and soaked in ice water
- 1 red onion, shaved thin and soaked in ice water
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons Signature SELECT™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lemons, for juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT™ Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup shaved parmesan Reggiano
Step 1 :: Mini Pizza
Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
Lightly dust counter and rolling pin with flour, roll dough out and place on a sheet pan, top with pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella.
Place pan on hearth of the oven to help crisp and cook the crust quickly. If the cheese needs to melt more, move the pan closer to the top of the oven for a few minutes.
Remove from oven, cut into quarters, drizzle with olive oil around the crust, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 5 :: Side Salad
In a large bowl add the Dijon, oil, lemon, salt, and pepper - lightly whisk.
Drain the onions and the fennel really well and add to the dressing. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the dressing. Taste for salt and pepper, add more if needed. Toss the vegetables to coat well.
Place the shaved parmesan on top of the vegetables, then place the arugula on top of the parmesan. When ready to eat, toss gently so the dressing lightly coats the lettuce and cheese. Serve right away.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.